FormulaNerds Cut To The Race Podcast

Andretti Cadillac issue furious statement after F1 rejection

American collaboration's rejection by F1 delays Andretti name featuring on the grid

Latest Episode | Cut To The Race Podcast

Andretti Cadillac has hit back at F1 following the sport’s scathing rejection of the potential outfit. 

Michael Andretti standing in front of the cameras promoting his potential F1 outfit (Image Credit: Planet F1)
Michael Andretti standing in front of the cameras promoting his potential F1 outfit (Image Credit: Planet F1)

F1’s rejection of the Andretti Cadillac is the latest in a long-running saga between the sport and the American motorsport giant. Andretti has been applying political pressure to join the grid for several years but has now hit a major stumbling block.

As reported by motorsport.com, Andretti has now responded fully to F1’s scathing statement released on Wednesday. F1 dramatically laid out the reasons why Andretti will not join the F1 grid ahead of 2025.

F1 called into question the ability of Andretti to be competitve on the grid, calling the outfit “novice”:  “we do not believe there is a basis for any new applicant to be admitted in 2025 given that this would involve a novice entrant building two completely different cars in its first two years of existence.

“The fact that the applicant proposes to do so gives us reason to question their understanding of the scope of the challenge involved.”

Andretti strikes back with response

In its initial statement, the team disagreed with F1’s findings. Now, its in full response, it attempted to throw out F1’s concern over a 2025 entry, instead stating it was aiming for 2026:

“When Andretti Cadillac entered the FIA expression of interest process almost a year ago, the preferred first year of participation was indicated as 2025.

“The FIA approved our application, with no specific limitation on whether the entry was for 2025 or 2026. Andretti Cadillac has been operating with 2026 as the year of entry for many months now.

“The technicality of 2025 still being part of the application is a result of the length of this process.”

However, F1 also accused Andretti of deliberately ignoring an invitation to an in person meeting:  “Having had the opportunity to consider the applicant’s responses together with our own deliberations, we subsequently wrote to the applicant on 12 December 2023 extending an invitation to an in-person meeting at our offices in order for the applicant to present its application, but the applicant did not take us up on this offer.”

Andretti strenuously denies ignoring this request. In the same statement, it said the email invitation from an F1 representative had landed in the team’s spam folder:

“We were not aware that the offer of a meeting had been extended and would not decline a meeting with Formula One Management,” said its statement.

“An in-person meeting to discuss commercial matters would be and remains of paramount importance to Andretti Cadillac.”

“We welcome the opportunity to meet with Formula One Management and have written to them confirming our interest.”

It ended  the statement with a not so subtle hint that it fully intends to keep working towards an F1 debut: Our work continues at pace”

 

Feature Image Credit: @AndrettiIndy on X

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Zeen is a next generation WordPress theme. It’s powerful, beautifully designed and comes with everything you need to engage your visitors and increase conversions.

Back to the top